Sunday, November 28, 2010

Eve is changing, how are you preparing?!

Incarna is just around the corner and a few weeks later on December 14th we can expect to see massive amounts of SP poured into more useful skills all around New Eden. Learning skills are going out the window!!

In CCP's latest blog they've let us know that they are removing the learning skills as they are a nuisance to new players who have to grind for a month in order to get their SP gain rate up to a reasonable level. I for one approve CCP's move as I have a relative who got tired of the learning skills in the first few weeks and left the game. I also approve because it's going to instantly give me my second orca alt :) Or something else really nice. I'm not totally settled yet on what I'm going to do, but I've got 3 accounts with 3 characters who will have more than 2mil SP to insert wherever I want to on December 14th.

As soon as I saw the blog I started training logic lvl 5 on all of my characters, I'm relatively new to the game, all toons with less than 12mil SP, so I'm int+mem mapped for all of them in favor of tackling those pesky support skills. Int+Mem means that logic is my fastest SP/hr learning skill, which will allow me to map a maximum amount of SP into my Perception and Willpower skills seeing as I want to hold off on the remap for a few more months to take care of some serious skilling.

One character I'm going to get into a T3 right away, my hauler alt.. I honestly don't know yet. If I go back to nullsec soon I may train her the last skills I need for Jump Hauler, or make her into a nice explorer for extra isk during her slow days in empire. My orca/hulk pilot... No idea on that one haha, might get them into a Battleship and run missions when not mining. The possibilities are pretty profound but... they are for everyone else too! So that bring another question.

What will happen when thousands of pilots suddenly get 1-5million "free" SP to put wherever they want? I'm expecting sudden ridiculous demands for T3 and T2 ships, carebears are going to stop flying T2 BSes and start flying marauders in their missions. More miners are going to be pimping their mining vessels with T2 crystals, and PVPers are going to get a month ahead (at least) on their long-term training goals.

Will there be enough T2 stuff for us all? I fully expect prices to go very very nuts from Dec 14th on. My advice? Buy whatever ship you're aiming for ahead of time, before the price doubles. Oh, and mine your asses off and save your ores. Noobs in Carriers are gonna give us all a lot of mineral orders to fill!!

Gotta get some school work done but I felt bad about not posting for a while. Will try to blog more after exams. Be living with my parents for a couple months after Christmas since my work will be near their home community, should allow me some time to blog.


Fly smart!

No comments:

Post a Comment