Wednesday, October 13, 2010

O-sht, gotta get back on the blog

I've been away for far too long, so many things have happened it's difficult to cover it all but I'll try and do so without rambling on my first post in months.

I'm back in empire from my few-month stint in 0.0. Zero is very cool, and someday when I have much more SP than I currently have I believe I will make my return. The corporation I joined was Black Aces, formerly from AAA C, then to En Garde, and finally to -A-, the corp has had its ups and downs and has some great pilots. Even though I no longer wave the same flag I still have a great deal of respect for many of the current and ex-Black Aces pilots.

Joining -A- was not something I had initially anticipated when joining Black Aces, the added requirements were a bit much for me to handle (being on two different voice comms server constantly is a bad idea imo), and add all the action that's been taking place in Catch and Stain this past month, it's just too much for a less-than-10mil-SP character to handle.

Long periods of time under siege may work for many eve players, but for one who relies on isk->plex for their gametime (like myself), long bouts of low-income just don't work. That may cause me to have a slightly nomadic employment history. I need to go where the isk is based on necessity :P so shoot me.

In my search for sources of isk I've dipped my hand into a few different sectors, I've trained one character to fly an orca as well as train exhumer lvl 5. Remapped to Int+Mem and am working on support skills and aiming for perfect refining as well as the ability to use T2 mining crystals. This is a toon I plan on keeping for as long as I am playing eve. When I return to nullsec having my own intake of minerals and ability to manufacture my own things will be invaluable.

I have a third toon.. a trader who has recently started flying an obelisk.. Handy to have for sure, but the cost per month in grinding for plex is forcing me to reconsider the necessity of such a character. 2 weeks training on trade skills with another character should give me enough skills to handle my own market necessities. And unless I'm running an alliance... I don't see the need for a personal obelisk pilot.

Trading can be profitable, but it requires time and attention just as much as any other eve activity. There isn't the risk of afking and losing your ship to rats or other players, but when you need 13mil isk per day just to break even on owning the account.. it can require time and resources that a non-top-of-the-line machine and player can't afford. At present I've got about 34 days of gametime left on the trader/obelisk pilot and I plan on selling this character at the end of that period.

Heading back to my roots at the present time, WH-Space. I've sold two of my first characters and am back to a lower SP character but with plenty of real experience and non-SP skills. I've made many strong bonds with players during my travels and I'm ready to lead my second WH-op with a new corp and a few very experienced players that I've met over the previous months. We started in a C2 early in my eve career and are now aiming at taking hold of a C4 WH and building capitals immediately. If you're going to do something hard and risky, you may as well do it right. I'll have my industrial character setup inside with ammo BPOs and a covetor. We don't connect to known space regularly so we'll need to have a gameplan and things are coming together from all directions.

Seeing as I'm heading back into the space I was born, I hope I'll have more to blog about in the weeks to come. We don't always have something to do in a WH anyways, so on days when I'm not under siege, reaping in heaps of isk, or mining and spamming D-scan I'll figure out some time to write here.

I still have more to say.. but this one needs a new post I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment